Saturday, May 4, 2013

Prescience

Today Steve taught me a new vocabulary word:

prescience- noun, having a foreknowledge of events.

Used in a sentence: "Yesterday in your blog you predicted what was going to happen today with amazing prescience."

I made two major mistakes in yesterdays blog.  The first was that I mentioned that she's been pooping pretty normally.  No really huge ones.  Nothing too explosive.  I even said I was going to hate myself for mentioning it.  The second mistake I made was to mention that we were planning to spend some time letting her air out a bit to try to help her diaper rash and it would probably make for a good story.  Go on and combine those two things in your head and you basically get exactly what happened this afternoon.

We got home this afternoon from helping some friends move.  I fed Evelyn and went to change what was a pretty wet diaper.  I figured that made it a good time to spend a little time airing out.  I put a waterproof mattress pad down on the floor.  Steve was hesitant.  He felt like she had been tooting quite a bit.  I still thought it was going to be fine because she had a pretty large poop this morning.  He stated his case, I ignored his evidence and plopped her down on the pad.

She was loving life.  Smiling, playing, doing this cute little tush up scootch maneuver she's perfected.  It was so darn adorable we even got out the video camera.  Things were going so great I decided to get the pump out.  I hooked up, turned it on, and that's when things took a turn.

Neither of us actually saw her poop, which shows you just how quick things can happen when dealing with kids.  Steve just happened to get up and that's when he noticed the poop smeared all over the pad.  That cute tush up move wasn't quite so cute anymore.  Being hooked up to the pump, there wasn't a whole lot I could do to assist with cleaning up baby, but I got the pleasure of rinsing and washing the mattress pad.  And I'll be washing it again tomorrow because when we did another round of airing out this evening she peed and spit up all over it again.  In good news, the diaper rash does seem to be getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment