Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I've been instructed to post about Mother's Day by my mother and grandmother.  I'm not really sure what to write about.  When I said that to my mom, she said, "Write about me!"

The truth of the matter is that I just don't know where I would be without my mom!  We are so lucky to have her close.  Besides the normal mom stuff of helping out with Evelyn and feeding us on a pretty regular basis, she's a great friend.  She's the person I love to hang out with and who I check in with on almost a daily basis.    I really can only hope that Evelyn and I have the same kind of relationship.

She's such an amazing mom that I think it's hard for me to think of Mother's Day as a day for myself, too.  She's the most important mom I know, so how do I celebrate myself?  Don't get me wrong, I was treated wonderfully all weekend and my family made me feel special.  I got to do anything I wanted to do, and got many special treats as well, so there was no reason to not to feel like a special mom.  Maybe it's also the newness of being a mom?  Maybe next year it will feel like my day, too.  But I think that as long as my mom is around, that she will be the mom that most deserves to be recognized on Mother's Day.  And I hope that my mom and friend is around for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment