Monday, May 13, 2013

Daddy's Girl

I wanted to let everyone reading know that there is a way to have all of my blog posts emailed right to you.  If you look to the right of this, you should see a place to enter your email.  You will get an email notification every time I post something.  Sometimes I forget to post to Facebook, but this way you will always be on top of what's going on!

This was a post I started writing a few weeks ago and then forgot about!  It's kind of applicable today, too, because we did have a good sleep night last night.  The first one in quite a few weeks.  It's also Monday, and on Monday Evelyn often turns into a different child.  I blame it on Steve going back to work after being home with us for two days.  That being said, a glimpse into a Monday a few weeks ago:

This morning I started to change Evelyn’s diaper.  I was complimenting my sweet girl on a much better sleeping night than the past few nights.  She slept until almost 6:00 and then fell back asleep until 9:00, which made it a great night sleep for me, too!  As I started to undress her I also was thinking about how spoiled I was all weekend while Steve and Kelly were both home.  It was literally one of the first diapers I had changed in 2 days.  I made a mental note to thank Steve and Kelly for being on diaper duty all weekend.  It was gearing up to be a great day!


And then I caught a whiff of that tell-tale odor and knew what I was in for.  Because my child had not pooped in about three days.  Because my child knows when it’s Monday.  And when it’s Monday, Daddy goes back to work.  And when Daddy goes back to work, my child can start pooping again because now it’s just Mommy around to change the diaper explosions.  And it’s always an explosion after three days of not pooping.  So I started taking off the sleep sack, and there it was: that bright orange smear across the back.  I peeled off the onesie that was stuck to her back from her waist to her shoulders.  I have it down to a science at this point, just the right way to fold it under to minimize the mess.  Now, instead of thanking Steve, I was cursing him and the power he has over our little girl!   

I got her cleaned up and began to rinse the poop off of everything.  My saving grace was that I had yet to start Evelyn’s laundry.  Generally, when I finally give in and do her laundry, she will poop all over herself and her clothing about 5 minutes later.  This was a good day.  I rinsed the clothes off, stain stick-ed them, and got the laundry going.  It was a good day.  Until 2 hours later when explosion number two occurred…

No comments:

Post a Comment