Sunday, June 2, 2013

A New Top 10

A few weeks ago I posted my Top 10 Signs You're a New Mom.  It made me start to reminiss about college because my friend, Erica, created many top 10 lists throughout college.  The more I thought about college, the more I realize that there were some serious similarities between being a new parent and being in college.  In the back of my head I started forming a new Top 10 list on the topic.  Great moms must think alike because yesterday Erica posted her own Top 10 list about how being mom to her sweet boy John is much like having a college roommate.

I am so flippin happy that she created a new Top 10 list I can't even begin to put it into words.   Since it's much more complete than my top 10, I decided to steal it and feature Erica as a guest blogger!

Top 10 reasons my baby is like my college roommate...

10. He has a collection of stuffed bunnies...creepy.
9. He's up until all hours of the night drinking and carrying on.
8. He gets a lot of visitors.
7. All of his clothes are dirty and in a pile on the floor.
6. Despite # 7, he's not planning on doing laundry any time in the near future.
5. We were out on the front porch at 4 am with a bottle watching the sun come up this morning.
4. He encourages me to show much more skin in public than I am comfortable with.
3. He wakes up covered in pee and vomit and is truly surprised because he doesn't know where it came from and can't manage to clean it up so he just starts crying.
2. The neighbors complain about the noise.

...and the #1 reason having a baby is like having a college roommate: having one makes you think you're a real adult but in reality you have no idea what you are doing!


Love it!  A few additional ones that were on my list:
  • When she pulls an all-nighter, you do too.  It's a solidarity thing.  
  • She lays in the middle of the living room floor and can't get up.  So she cries about it.
  • When she drinks too much it's hard for her to hold her head up or keep her eyes open.



As with the last top 10 list, I really hope that some of you have your own to add.  Thank you, Erica, for allowing me to steal your Top 10.  I can't wait to meet your little man soon!

Oh the pictures I found looking for one to post.  I can't believe someone went and let us have babies!  

No comments:

Post a Comment