Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day

Steve told me that for Father's Day all he wanted was to play golf with his dad and uncles.  Since I would have "let" him do that anyway, I felt like I still needed to do something.  I couldn't think of any kind of present to give him.  Instead, I thought of some things I could do for him this weekend instead.  When I told him I was going to blog about this he said, "Please don't embarrass me!"  I will try not to.  :)

1. I will make breakfast for him instead of the usual, which is him making it for me.

2. I will clean my hair off the bathroom floor.  The postpartum hair loss is really driving him insane.  And while I'm at it, I'll vacuum all the threads off the floor, too.

3.  I will get my own glass of water before I start pumping, instead of asking him to do it the minute he sits down on the couch.

4.  I won't roll my eyes at the silly things he says, not even behind his back.  Although he definitely pushed it today when he said to Evelyn, "Guess who you're going to see today?  I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Shmom-mom Shmane."

5.  I won't give him grief over any noises that come from his body.  And it's allergy season, so he's sneezing a lot! ;)

6.  When Evelyn poops this weekend I won't do what I usually do and call him because I need him to come help me with something.

I was going for 10, but I've run out of steam.  Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!


1 comment: