Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sleep

I'm a deadbeat blogger.  I was all gung ho at the beginning, and now I can't get myself to write.  There's a reason though.  I haven't wanted to talk about it for a while because I was afraid that it might stop.  But on the eve of her half birthday here it is folks: our baby SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!

It was like a switch was flipped.  She didn't want to do it, and then she did.  And it's a whole new world.  A world in which we sleep all night ourselves and I have the energy and brainpower to do things.  A few months ago I could barely function enough to make it through an episode of the Kardashians, and we all know that requires little to no brain cells.  I really have no idea how moms go to work and have a baby.  You are all superheros.

The other night I didn't even wake up to pee.  It was the first time in over a year that I was able to sleep through the night.  It was glorious.  With my new lease on life I have been keeping myself busy.  I'm reading books again, I've made three quilt tops, the laundry and vacuuming are usually done.

What I don't understand is why I keep doing some of the same stupid stuff I did when I was getting up all night long.  Allow me to give you two examples from today alone.  This morning I made my Mae's cinnamon toast (thanks Mom!) and got out the peanut butter.  I reached in the drawer for a knife, and pulled out a knife already coated in peanut butter!  Apparently yesterday instead of putting the dirty peanut butter knife in the dishwasher, I put it back in the drawer.

Moron move number two came when I went to put gas in the car today.  I removed my debit card from its pocket and swiped it.  Cannot process card.  I swiped again.  Cannot process card.  I swiped a third time.  Cannot process card.  I look at card.  For whatever reason, a Regal Movie Points card does not register at the Wawa gas pump.  It should though for what movies cost.  The real kicker was when I tried to swipe my actual debit card and it took three tries to do that, too, because I kept inserting it the wrong direction.

I guess in the grand scheme of things these events aren't that bad.  But, when you start to put stuff like this together on a daily basis, it makes you start to seriously worry about yourself!  Was I this moronic before I had a kid?  Will it end?  

No comments:

Post a Comment