Thursday, June 6, 2013

Highlights of my day

I started writing this the other day and got distracted.  Rereading, I realize I sound very whiny.  I attribute this to having some serious sinus congestion earlier this week.  It was really one of the first times since Evelyn was born that I haven't felt well.  I'm posting anyway because you get a good picture of a day in the life of us.

The day started with a poop.  Right at the exact moment I poured my milk on my cereal.  The poor kid had to wait until I finished every, last chocolatey chex and drank the milk.  The joke was on this sucker though because since she started solid foods, that poop stinks!

Allow me to next provide you with a number story to solve.  Evelyn takes a nap two hours after she wakes up in the morning.  If her nap started at the same time as Good Morning America (7 am), what time did Evelyn wake up yesterday morning?  For those of you reading who also have babies, I'll answer for you because your brain is probably still focused on the thought of chocolate cereal, which is amazing.  5 am she woke up. I'm really trying to not sound like I'm complaining about this.  Weeks ago I would have paid money for my baby to sleep until 5 am.  I think it was more the fact that I was also using my Neti Pot practically every 5 minutes and my head felt the size of a Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon that made our early start so rough.

Luckily, I had something to look forward to yesterday.  I was meeting some other mommies at the mall.  As usual, I planned out my trip.  I wanted to run one quick errand in the mall before our meeting time.  I planned out my parking for the location for what I thought would be closest to the store I needed to visit.  Apparently I don't go to the mall as often as I thought and had no idea where I needed to be.  As a result, I was downstairs, and I needed to be upstairs.  Have you ever tried to find an elevator in a mall?  It really isn't as easy as you would think.  They are not well marked at all.  I finally found one in Macy's.

Grabbed some lunch with the mommies and headed to the play area.  Fed my kid and played for a while.  While doing that, I was also keeping an eye on the two old guys sitting in the playground making google eyes at my baby.  I'm sure they were harmless, but it made me feel better to know that the other girls I was with were equally wary.  We walked the mall a bit and then I headed back to Macy's, where I spent another 5 minutes searching for the elevator again.

One more stop at Babies R Us because I had a coupon and wanted to get myself Evelyn a new toy.  She was exhausted by this point and spent the whole 15 minutes I shopped crying.  As I got to the checkout, I discovered that the coupon was not good for toys, naturally.  So no new toys for me.

I got home, dropped everything and ran to the bathroom to pee.  There I discovered that my day's adventures had all occurred with my fly down.  Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh! i didn't even notice or i totally would have told you!! jeepers creepers!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete