Sunday, April 14, 2013

Road Trip

Today we decided to join my parents for Evelyn's first road trip to surprise her Uncle Charlie in Penn State.  It was his birthday a few days ago and we wanted to wish him a happy birthday in person.  Last night I thought very long and hard about what I needed to bring for the trip.  It's about a 3 hour car ride and we were going to hangout with Charlie for about 3 hours.  I decided to throw in 7 diapers (the number picked was totally random), along with the wipes and A&D that is always in the bag.  I threw in two additional outfits, a short sleeve and a long sleeve.  Plus an extra onesie and a pair of socks.  Then in a moment of genius, I grabbed a plastic bag and stuffed that in, too.  I figured tons of toys would be good to keep her attention while sitting in her carseat for a few hours.  I grabbed things that made different sounds and had different textures.  I made sure we had one of her little blankie type things that she likes when she naps.  I even remembered an extra pacifier.

My last major decision was what stroller we should bring: the Bob- light, corners on a dime, more enclosed to the elements or the regular Chicco- car seat clips in, more room for diaper bag, etc, a little more compact.  I asked my dad what he thought.  He said whatever I wanted.  I pondered the pros and cons of each, and decided on the Chicco.  At the last minute this morning I grabbed a warmer sweatshirt and the backpack carrier.

About 30 seconds into our trip, Evelyn fell asleep.  She slept the WHOLE  drive up, not one toy needed.  When we arrived at Penn State we got ready to go to lunch.  Charlie chose a place to go, but thought it wasn't going to be very easy to get a stroller in and out, so that stayed in the car...the whole visit.  After making sure we had the diaper bag and bottle case, we totally forgot about the carrier. We went to lunch, walked around town, went to get Charlie a new wallet, pulled one toy out of the bag to play with...the one that stays in the bag all the time.  We dropped Charlie off at his house and hit the road.  Evelyn fell asleep, and pretty much slept the whole way home as well.  Except when we stopped to feed her at her normal dinner time.  During which, she pooped (surprise, surprise), and I used one of the outfits (the one that stays in all the time).  BUT, I did finally get to use one extra item that I packed...the plastic bag to hold the outfit she pooped on.


Happy Birthday, Uncle Charlie!

PS-Evelyn turned 4 months old today!  Can't believe it!


2 comments:

  1. Plastic bags go EVERYWHERE with us. we figured this out the hard way... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely one of those things you don't think about until it's too late!

      Delete