Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The World

I didn't post yesterday.  I don't have a goal of posting everyday by any means.  For crying out loud, all of you reading know how a day can go!  But it wasn't because I was overly busy that I didn't post.  I didn't post because I was angry and sad about what was going on in the world. The purpose of this blog obviously isn't meant to comment on world news and events, but I feel like it would be wrong of me to not at least mention these events.  Most of you who know me well know that I really avoid any posting like this on Facebook.  I don't do political and I don't do major events.  I'm a private person and don't really share my feelings and emotions (making it very difficult for me to blog I might add!).

But, I also really feel like my response to events like the bombing yesterday has changed since becoming a parent, as I'm sure many of you reading will agree.  It makes me angry that on the day she was being born, other parents in Connecticut were going through the worst day of their lives because their children were senselessly being taken from them.  It makes me angry that a young 8-year-old boy was killed cheering on his dad in a race.  It made me scared for a few minutes to go on a day trip to New York this weekend.

And then I made a decision.  I don't want my child to be scared to do things, so I'm not going to let myself worry either.  I'm going to go about the things I always do, and I hope everyone else does, too.  When she's old enough to be aware of what's going on, I will show her all the heroes that come out of these events and we will pray for the people who are suffering.

I hope I didn't bring you all down too much.  I hope your family and friends are safe.  I hope you keep reading and that the antics of this little cutie and her parents make you smile:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment