Monday, March 23, 2015

Changes Are A Comin'

I've been asked a lot if Evelyn knows what's going on with the baby coming.  And if I'm being honest, I really think she knows exactly what's going on.  She really has been so sweet about all of the different baby things going on, and she says things every once in a while that make us think that she really is aware that a baby is coming. 

It started a few weeks ago with the change to a big girl bed.  We moved the crib into the baby's room and any time we are in there she points out her old crib.  We talk about how she's such a big girl now she doesn't need a crib anymore, that it's for baby.  After hearing this once or twice she said, "Evelyn share crib with baby."  And ever since then it has been baby's crib.

She has also just been so aware of me and what I need.  She tries to help me up off the floor or her bed, and just loves being helpful.  "I help, Mommy.  You okay?"  She also constantly feels my belly and gives it pats and kisses because she loves baby. 

The best moment came when Steve put the baby car seat back in the car.  When Evelyn got into the car the next day and saw the other seat there she wanted to know what it was.  When we explained that it was the car seat for the new baby she got a look of pure delight on her face.  "Baby sit next to ME?"  She was so excited that she is going to sit next to her baby.  Every time we get in the car she points out the seat and reminds me that the baby is going to sit next to her. 

Maybe I'm just looking for proof that she's going to be okay when this new baby comes, but I really think she knows what's about to happen and is at least a little bit excited about it.  I know that there's still going to be some major adjustment for her, and the rest of us, but I think she's at least as prepared as she can be.  We will know soon enough I suppose!   

No comments:

Post a Comment