Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More About Shoes

Since my last post I've been on a roller coaster.  Two days after getting those darn shoes on her feet in 30 seconds, I spent 20 minutes one morning trying to get her shoe on that left foot.  I cried all day, convinced that her feet are just a mess.  (It didn't help that things have been a little stressful at work...)

When I picked her up from Steve's aunt that day, she had managed to get the shoes on, but said the left one had been a little bit of a struggle.  I was just beside myself again.

At daycare the next day I told Evelyn's teacher what had happened at the shoe store, and asked her to watch her walk for me a little today to see if she noticed anything.  She didn't even have to think about it, she said that she had just noticed a little turn in the week before.  She was also very reassuring in that it's not uncommon, it generally corrects itself.  Ugh.  Another day spent on the verge of tears.

Steve and I spent days watching Evelyn's walking and came to the conclusion that her foot is definitely turned in.  He did what he always does with any kind of ailment, and WebMD-ed it.  I did what I always do...call my mom.  Steve's research reinforced what Evelyn's teacher said, that the turned in feet are very common in infants/toddlers, and it often corrects itself.  My mom was reassuring, too, but reminded me of my awesome insurance, and said if I was really upset about it, call the doctor and take her in if they want to see her.  I've calmed down a little, and haven't made the phone call yet.  I may wait for her 15 month appointment.

Since last week, some days I can get her shoes on no sweat, others are a little harder.  If I struggle, I put them aside for a while and try again later.  I've discovered a few things.  The socks make a difference.  They need to be very fitted.  Often the day after she's worn them for a while, it is harder to get them on (is it possible her feet swell??).

To finish off, Steve and I took Evelyn into DSW last weekend because we needed to look for some shoes ourselves.  Evelyn acted like she's been shopping for shoes for years.

She knew exactly what section to go for!


And loved checking herself out in the mirror!



No comments:

Post a Comment