Friday, January 9, 2015

Bested by a Two Year Old

Today I was outsmarted by my two year old for the first time.  This is what I know will be the first of countless similar occurrences.  And it really was so simple...

As we walked out of the winter concert at Evelyn's daycare today (which was quite possibly the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life!), the kids were handed little treat bags of marshmallows and chocolate chips.  The moment we were strapped in the car, Evelyn proceeded to ask for some.  After having a stomach bug earlier this week, we have been trying to stick to mild foods, but the thought of the car ride home with her begging for marshmallows wasn't very pleasant.  So I handed her a few marshmallows, hoping it would satisfy her.  Yea right.

Approximately 15 marshmallows later, she was still asking for more, but I decided enough was enough and I employed one of the oldest parent tricks in the book.  "The marshmallows are all gone!"

Without even skipping a beat she replied, "Give me bag!"  And the tone was just priceless.  It said, "Oh yea, Mom?  The marshmallows are gone?  Go ahead and prove it!"  Needless to say, she ended up with a few more marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment