Sunday, July 13, 2014

Cousins

Cousins are awesome.  I grew up spending every July in Maine with tons of cousins.  It was the greatest thing ever.  I was lucky enough to have two cousins very close to my age who were basically my best friends, and we've done some amazing things together.

I was kind of jealous that many of my cousins lived in the same town, went to the same schools, and saw each other on birthdays and holidays.  The point I'm trying to make is that in my family, being cousins is more than being cousins.  We are cousins and best friends all rolled into one.  Most of my favorite memories are with my cousins:

Playing games...
4th of July parades...
Supporting the right team...
Being together in good times...
And harder times...
The best part so far about this summer was getting to spend about a week with each set of Evelyn's cousins. Similar to me growing up, Evelyn doesn't live very close to any of her cousins, but we have seen them all this summer!  We spent a week in New Hampshire with the Lane cousins, and even though they are a bit older than Evelyn is, they really had the best time!  She kept up with the big kids with no problems, and really just had the best time playing with her new best friends!


Then, to make for the best summer ever, we also got to see Marshall and Baby Andrew!  They live in California, and it was only the second time Evelyn has met Marshall and the first time meeting Andrew.  Evelyn is right in the middle of these guys.  It was great spending some time with a cousin closer to her age who likes doing the same things she does, and Evelyn loves babies!  It was a great couple of days with them! 




I'm so hopeful that Evelyn's childhood continues the way mine did: with amazing summers spent with her cousins...I mean best friends!  


No comments:

Post a Comment