Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend Off!

This is the third time in the last about three weeks that I've started a post.  I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.  No, that's not right.  That I am going to finish this post.  We spent last week at Newfound Lake in New Hampshire and I had made a plan to post EVERY DAY while I was there.  Unfortunately the internet that was prominently advertised with the rental didn't really work, so I was off the hook.  I mean, so I was really bummed that I didn't have to think about things to write about every day.

Today I think I'll start with what I was going to write about last Sunday when I got to the lake.  Prior to my arrival at the lake I had a WHOLE WEEKEND OFF!  I waved to Steve and Evelyn on Friday evening at 6:00 as they headed off on their way to New Hampshire, and I was alone.  It was going to be basically the first time I was alone in my house for an extended period of time since Evelyn was born.  It was glorious, especially after a tortuous week of in-service. I could do whatever I wanted, however I wanted, whenever I wanted.  So what did I do?  Plopped my behind on the couch and didn't move for 3 hours.

When I finally did move, it was right into my bed (yes, at 9:00.  Actually it was 8:45.  On a Friday.  I'm cool.).  I slept the sleep of the dead.  It was pretty much the first full night sleep I had in about 3 weeks.  Between Evelyn being sick and the stress of the end of the school year, I needed that sleep and it was awesome to know that I was going to sleep and no one was going to need me in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning.  I woke up refreshed and decided to enjoy a walk that didn't require a cuppy, snacks, toys, and a toddler who doesn't like being contained in a stroller anymore.

As I was walking, I couldn't stop thinking about what was waiting for me at home.  It was a cup of coffee!  A cup of coffee that I was going to get to drink while it was still warm.  A cup of coffee that I was going to have to worry about anyone grabbing and spilling.  A cup of coffee that I didn't have to finish in the car on my way to work.  It was awesome.


The rest of the day went oh so quickly, but was equally enjoyable.  I got a mani/pedi with my mom and we spent a little time running a few errands.  Afterwards I went with my parents to the wedding of some family friends and had a great time with them.  


On Sunday, after another great night sleep I was ready to get myself ready and hit the road for New Hampshire to see my two favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment