Thursday, December 26, 2013

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To...

Last week our sweet girl turned one.

I can't believe that she has turned from this...

to this...



Between the stress of having close to 50 people at our house for her birthday party, worrying about the snowstorm that was supposed to happen right in the middle of the day, and the emotion of her turning one, I spent the whole weekend on the verge of tears.  This was the moment when I almost completely lost it:



I am amazed at how fast, and slow, the past year has gone.  On one hand I can absolutely not believe that she has been around for a whole year.  When I look at how much she has accomplished in 365 days I am in absolute shock.  From just being able to cry, eat, sleep, and poop to now being able to walk, climb, point, say uh-oh, and more, it is just unbelievable.  It just seems impossible that she could learn to do all of those things in just one short year.  On the other hand, when I think about how exhausting the past year has been I wonder how it hasn't been five!

I don't really have any elaborate post planned, I just feel like I can't have a blog about being a parent without in some way acknowledging the birth of my child!  Someday, if she reads this, what I want her to know is that Mommy and Daddy love our little monkey, and she has made the last year the best year of our lives and we can't wait for each year to come!

PS-It's kind of fitting that this afternoon our neighbor stopped over to meet us for the "first" time.  Turns out she's the doctor who delivered Evelyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment