Friday, October 4, 2013

I'm still here!

So many ideas for blogging about, so little time!!  Or perhaps I need to make better use of my time, which is why I am blogging at 6:07 AM.

A while back you may recall that most of my blogs centered around sleep.  At the moment, knock, knock (that was me knocking on wood for those of you who didn't get it) sleeping is going fine.  Whatever couple months long phase she was in seems to have passed.  Now Evelyn makes it until generally 5:15 or so.  In anticipation of this, I have begun waking up at 4:45.  You know, in case I miss her screaming right across the hall or through the monitor my body makes sure I'm alert and ready.

She always falls back asleep after.  So the question is what do I do in the meantime.  Do I get back in bed, where I won't fall asleep because now I'm anticipating needing to get up in 20 minutes or do I just get in the shower and start my day?  Up until this morning, the answer has been get back in bed.  And instead of lying there for 20 minutes until my alarm goes off, that turns into 30 minutes.  Or 35 minutes, just in case I manage to fall back asleep for the last 10 minutes.

Today I made a change.  I was wide awake at 5:30 after feeding her, so I decided to just get in the shower.  It is now 45 minutes later, and I'm dragging.  Time to make the first cup of coffee I think.  Should of done this before I sat down to write.

Being up early today was not meant to be the focus of this post, but I'm starting to run out of time.  So here are some teasers about what I am hoping to blog about in the next week or so:

  1. Evelyn's first REAL sickness.  (This is probably not going to be that interesting, I just feel like I should document it in case she ever really does read this someday!)
  2. I went to a baby shower for a friend and started to compile a list of my advice for a new mom.
  3. My thoughts on switching Evelyn's summer clothes out for her fall clothes.
  4. How I gave up breastfeeding comletely.  
Happy Friday morning everyone!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment